Whether you’ve recently turned to medical cannabis to help improve your health or you’re looking for a new way to consume your medical cannabis, using vaporizers (commonly referred to as ‘vapes’) is rapidly increasing in popularity.
Simply put, vaping works by heating your cannabis and creating a vapour cloud, which you inhale like you would a regular joint. But there are a few reasons vapes are becoming so widely used, such as the way in which they let you consume your cannabis discreetly. Since vapes create clouds of mist that don’t smell of weed or produce any smoke, it helps you keep your cannabis usage private.
Another reason that people are turning to vapes is because they produce less toxins than smoking. But perhaps the most notable benefit of vaping is the way in which the method helps to preserve the plant’s ailment-busting cannabinoid content. Since vapour contains a high cannabinoid content per draw, this is a huge asset for medical cannabis users. Cannabinoids help to balance the body’s natural endocannabinoid system, which is a series of receptors found in the nervous system that help to regulate key functions such as appetite, pain, memory, mood, digestion, immunity and even sleep.
It’s easy to feel overwhelmed by all of the different options of vapes to consume your medical cannabis. With so many models to choose from, it can quickly become a confusing process. Below, we’ve broken down some tips for choosing which medical cannabis vape is right for you:
- Look for vapes made with high-quality material, like titanium, quartz, stainless steel, or ceramic. The more durable your vape is, the more likely it will last for years to come.
- Look for vapes with a warranty, such as those by Arizer, Grenco Science, Pax, Storz & Bickel, or DaVinci so that you can purchase a reputable device you trust.
Determine whether you prefer a dried herb vape or a concentrate vape. For example, if you consume dried herb, it’s best to get a vape that has a large heating chamber to activate the herbal compounds while preserving their medicinal potency. If you prefer concentrates, it’s best to purchase a vape with a refillable chamber or pre-filled cartridge for easy use. Or, if you consume both dried herb and concentrates, it’s best to purchase a vape that’s compatible with both forms.
- Determine whether you want a battery-powered, portable device (which is cordless) or a desktop device (which requires a wall plug-in). Evaluate your current lifestyle to make the right choice; if you’re home for much of the day, you may want to consider a desktop vape since it features convection heating to allow for more even, consistent temperature. If you’re always on-the-go, a battery-powered, portable device may be more practical.
- Cheap out. You get what you pay for, and it’s worth it to invest in a high-quality device that will last. Take your health seriously and choose the right product for your medical cannabis. Don’t worry: you don’t need to break your budget purchasing a vape to consume your prescription, and there are several you can get for under $200 that are reliable and trustworthy.
- Purchase the vape based on appearance. The main priority is choosing a device based on its function—the design comes second. As mentioned previously, selecting the vape according to your lifestyle habits will guide you in the right direction for a functional product that serves you.
- Discount practicality. If the vape you’re after is one of the uber trendy ones, consider the model based on what realistically aligns with your life and ailment. Whether you choose a desktop or portable vape, it needs to be the right vape for you, not for what’s currently in-style.