by Kelly Bibza
The holiday season is upon us! What better way to get the celebrations started than with a delicious, seasonal flavoured CBD-infused mocktail? With CBD’s potential anti-inflammatory and anti-anxiety properties, it’s a mocktail you can feel good about drinking.
The holidays can be stressful, but this drink will bring you into a peaceful state with notes of cinnamon, apple, and of course, hemp! It’s the perfect mixture to create that nostalgic holiday feeling right at home. Beware, these will go fast; your guests will love the extra effort you made to create a drink that tickles their senses, so it's a great idea to make a big batch!
This mocktail combines the tartness of cranberries and lime with the sweetness of apples and honey. A bit of pumpkin pie spice gives it that warm, seasonal taste we all know and love. Garnishing this drink makes it even more pleasing to the eye; a fresh sprig of thyme and a cinnamon stick give it just the right touch to look as festive as your holiday decorations. It’s almost too pretty to drink! This mocktail is topped off with CBD oil to create an herbaceous hint of flavour. With all of these ingredients combined, you'll create the perfect holiday drink to welcome your guests in the spirit of the season.
This drink can be made more tart or sweet depending upon your personal preference. All you need to do is increase the amount of honey simple syrup to make it sweeter. If you don’t have honey simple syrup in your cupboard, you can simply combine honey and water to create your own. This mocktail is quick and easy, yet packed with flavour!
What you will need to get started
This recipe makes two servings. You can easily multiply it to get the amount of servings you need for your holiday party.
- 1 ml CBD oil.
- 4 oz pure apple cider (no sugar added).
- 1.5 oz (or 1 shot glass) pure cranberry juice (no sugar added).
- 1.5 oz fresh lime juice (freshly squeezed is best).
- 1.5 oz honey simple syrup (or honey and water).
- 1/8th tsp of pumpkin pie spice.
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme (optional).
- 2 cinnamon sticks (optional).
- Fresh cranberries for garnish (optional).
- Fresh apple slices for garnish (optional).
- Cocktail shaker.
To make homemade honey simple syrup
- Add ½ cup of hot water to a glass jar.
- Add ½ cup of honey to the same glass jar.
- Shake vigorously until mixture is smooth.
To make the mocktail
- Begin by adding ice to a cocktail shaker.
- Add your CBD oil, honey simple syrup, apple cider, cranberry juice, lime juice, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Close the lid of the shaker and shake vigorously.
- Add ice to two glasses.
- Strain the concoction into your iced glasses.
- If it's too tart for your liking, simply add a bit more honey simple syrup to taste.
- Garnish with a sprig of thyme, cinnamon stick, and some cranberries and/or apple slices.
May this mocktail bring you much joy this holiday season!
Kelly Bibza is the founder of the blog Dress Well, Be Well. She lives in Pittsburgh, PA with her husband and miniature goldendoodle.