Interested in trying medical cannabis, but worried about the cost?
Financial stress is the last thing you need to worry about on your healing journey, which is why CannMart has introduced the Compassionate Pricing Program (CPP).
What is the Compassionate Pricing Program?
This program offers a 20% discount on all cannabis products (excluding cannabis accessories) for those whose annual income is less than $30,000. Whether you want to consume dried herb, oil, distillate for your vape, or the upcoming edibles coming to our online store, the CPP allows you to save money so you can focus on your health.
Not only can you pay less for your medicine using this pricing program, every cannabis consumer -- whether they qualify for the CPP or not, can additionally claim their medical cannabis on their tax return, helping to save even more. To learn how to claim cannabis as a medical expense, read this blog.
How to become eligible for the Compassionate Pricing Program
Step one: Get your Medical Document
NamasteMD allows you to apply for your Medical Document in three easy steps, all from the comfort of your own home. Once you’ve been approved for your Medical Document, you’ll be automatically registered for CannMart within minutes.
Step two: Submit your proof of income
In order to become eligible for the CPP, you must submit documentation that shows your income. Please note, once your Medical Document expires, you’ll have to re-submit this documentation to remain eligible for the program.
CannMart accepts the following documentation from these Federal Assistance Programs:
- Employment Insurance (EI) Sickness Benefits
- Employment Insurance (EI) Regular Benefits
- Canada Pension Plan (CPP) Disability Benefits
- War Veterans Allowance (WVA)
- Old Age Security (OAS)
- Income Assistance Program
If you’re part of a Provincial Assistance Program, CannMart accepts documentation from the following programs:
- Alberta: Alberta Seniors Benefit (ASB), Alberta Works – Income Support, Assured Income for the Severely Handicapped (AISH), Special Needs Assistance for Seniors
- British Columbia: BC Employment and Assistance for Persons with Disabilities Program, Hardship Assistance
- Manitoba: Employment and Income Assistance Program, 55 Plus Program, Income Assistance for Persons with Disabilities
- Ontario: Ontario Works, Guaranteed Annual Income System for Seniors, Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP) Income Support
- New Brunswick: Social Assistance Program
- Newfoundland and Labrador: Income Support Program
- Northwest Territories: Income Assistance
- Nova Scotia: Income Assistance (IA) Program
- Nunavut: Income Support Program
- Prince Edward Island: Social Assistance Program
- Quebec: Social Assistance Program, Social Solidarity Program
- Saskatchewan: Saskatchewan Assistance Program, Saskatchewan Employment Supplement, Seniors Income Plan, Saskatchewan Assured Income for Disability (SAID)
- Yukon: Social Assistance
Soon you’ll be able to automatically upload your documents to your CannMart account, but for now, you can submit your proof of income by attaching it to an email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 3: Begin shopping
Once approved for the CPP, you can begin shopping Canada’s widest selection of online cannabis and save on cannabis products.
Here are the products that are included in the CPP:
Your 20% discount will automatically be applied at checkout when you make a purchase, making this process extra simple. If you’re not into online shopping, you can call the support team to place your order and still save by dialing 1-844-420-8464.