Tax season doesn’t have to be a buzzkill this year; in fact, you can get cash back from your medical cannabis by claiming it as a medical expense on your 2019 tax return.
Best part? It’s simple, and we’ve laid out the steps for you to make it even easier:
Unlike some other medication which requires submission of further documentation, to claim your medical cannabis, you’re only required to have your receipts. The first step of claiming your medical cannabis is to locate your receipts on CannMart. Here’s how:
- Login to your CannMart account.
- Click the ‘View Account’ button located at the top right of the home page.
- Click the ‘My Order History’ button located on the left of the Account page.
- Click the ‘Download 2019 Tax Data’ button at the top of the Account page.
- Receive an itemized CSV file of your order(s).
Next, you’ll want to fill out your tax return form. According to the Government of Canada, you can fill out your medical expenses on line 33099 or line 33199 of your tax return under Step 5 of the form. For a breakdown of what information goes on which line, check out this guide.
Looking to save even more? CannMart offers a Compassionate Pricing Program to help patients who make under $30,000 a year save 20% on cannabis products. For more information, read this blog, and buy cannabis here.
In case you have any questions, please contact the customer service team. They can be reached via email at email@example.com or telephone at 1-844-420-8464 Monday to Friday between 9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. EST.